Blue Run 13.5-Year-Old Single Barrel Bourbon
Blue Run Single Barrel Aged 13.5 Years is a Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey released by Blue Run in May 2021.
Ten barrels were released, each sourced from the same distillery and using the same mash bill, yeast, and aged in the same warehouse, although the distillery was not disclosed. It is bottled at cask strength, so proof varies depending on which barrel each bottle was pulled from.
Each bottle was packaged in a handmade, black lacquered box. The barrel number and proof is noted on the handwritten side label of each bottle.
A total of ten barrels were released, each yielding between 104 to 150 bottles. Proof ranged from 124 to 132.
- Barrel #1: Mellow sweet corn and brown sugar apple butter that develops into mellow oak tannins
- Barrel #2: Deep chocolate and honey-drenched s’more
- Barrel #3: Gorgeous crème brûlée with a burst of dark brown sugar and streaks of ginger
- Barrel #4: Creamy toffee with bites of cocoa and black pepper
- Barrel #5: Sultry black cherry and oak with clove honey
- Barrel #6: Decadent dark chocolate with a marshmallow frame and clove cascade
- Barrel #7: Layers of char smoke and rich vanilla wood sugar
- Barrel #8: Roasted pecan and nutty campfire smoke
- Barrel #9: Spice forward with bold black pepper and baking spices and an herbaceous wrap
- Barrel #10: Oak tannin and dark raisin combination with a whip of smoke on the finish