MGP of Indiana (Midwest Grain Products of Indiana) is a large distiller that bottles its own brands for consumers, and is also one of the largest sources of well-aged whiskey for other bottlers to purchase.
Until 2011, the distillery was known as Lawrenceburg Distillers Indiana, or LDI. The distillery site in Lawrenceburg dates back to 1847, and was purchased by Seagram in 1933 before changing hands several times in the mid-2000s.
In 2021, MGP acquired Luxco for $475 million1MGP Ingredients Completes Acquisition of Luxco, creating MGP/Luxco. The company is now organized2Luxco Rebrands Indiana Home Of Its Branded Spirits To Ross & Squibb Distillery as such:
- Luxco: the brands division, made up of sprits bottled and and sold to customers. Luxco is the parent company of five distilleries, three of which produce whiskey:
- Ross & Squibb Distillery, which produces George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey and Rossville Union Straight Rye Whiskey.
- Lux Row Distillers, home of Ezra Brooks, Rebel, Blood Oath, David Nicholson and Daviess County
- Limestone Branch Distillery, which produces Yellowstone Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey and Minor Case Straight Rye Whiskey
- MGP Ingredients: the business to business side, which is sourced whiskey that is sold to other companies.