Parker’s Heritage Collection Heavy Char Rye Whiskey
What You Should Know
- This is the 13th edition in the annual Parker’s Heritage Collection releases.
- This release was the first straight rye whiskey in the Parker’s Heritage Collection.
- Most Heaven Hill whiskies are aged in level 3 charred barrels. This release was aged in Level 5 charred barrels for eight years and nine months on the seventh floor of Rickhouse Y.
- Level 5 charred barrels are charred 50 seconds longer than the Level 3 barrels to allows the liquid to penetrate deeper into each barrel stave.
- The series is named for Parker Beam, the late Heaven Hill Master Distiller, who was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (also called ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease) in 2010. Since 2013, proceeds from sales of Parker's Heritage Collection releases have raised over one million dollars toward ALS research and patient care through contributions made by Heaven Hill.